Sunday, April 19, 2009

Craigslisting

So, I spent most of today creating 22 new listings on craigslist. Most of the stuff was remnants of our yard sales that I hadn't wanted to donate just yet. So far, we've sold two items, a briefcase for $20 and a really unique double-sided shelf for $25.

*briefcase & shelving unit*

I know Drew's happy to get rid of that shelf. It came in handy to hold my books, but since I've taken the time to sort most of the books I'm selling into plastic, stackable containers, we didn't really have much use for the shelves other than for the yard sales. For the last two weeks they've been sitting in our living room and getting rid of them will give us, if not much physical space, a greater illusion of space... if that makes any sense at all!

We'll see how the rest of our listings go. Unfortunately, we have decided to get rid of the stainless range that we had bought to replace our oven. Given our horrendous tax bill, and my appendectomy fees... we could use the money much more than a pretty kitchen right now. One day we'll be able to afford what we want... but right now we need to focus only on what we need. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment